At Patterson & Dewar Engineers, we foster a collaborative culture where managers and staff routinely work side-by-side in the office and in the field. This model allows us to share knowledge and experience blended with new ideas and fresh perspectives to strengthen the team and enrich the customer experience. We support continuous professional and personal development with training and mentoring, and encourage employees to find opportunities to apply and extend their talents. Incorporated in 1947, the firm has a distinctive legacy of excellence, integrity, and exceptional customer service. While we are rooted in this tradition, we remain intentional in our efforts to maintain a fresh perspective, and promote a sustainable business model by investing in our people.
We are a niche firm, specializing in electrical and civil engineering, construction management, and associated support services to electrical utilities, transportation authorities, developers and corporations throughout the United States. Our subsidiary, Hood-Patterson & Dewar, offers electrical and mechanical testing and commissioning services to data centers and mission critical facilities across the country and around the world. We strive to be the best at what we do in order to provide superior service to our customers, frequently resulting in referrals and repeat business.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Onsite Contract Project Superintendentwill be responsible for the overall field work on a communications facility in various locations across the country ensuring that company policies and procedures are met in regard to safety, scheduling, budgeting, quality, and customer satisfaction.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Onsite Contract Project Superintendenttypical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct and coordinate trade contractors and their sub-contractors, when required, to ensure high-quality work that meets the approved project schedule
- Supervise the construction of a 3,000 sf communications facility
- Acquire and review submittals for accuracy
- Develop, document and communicate the work plan regarding changes made in the field
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to coordinate the construction effort
- Plan ahead and anticipate potential problems before they arise
- Obtain or verify that the subcontractors obtain all necessary permits for construction purposes
- Monitor safety performance and verify safety compliance; act as safety representative in the field and enforce quality control policies
- Coordinate and manage jobsite logistics
- Ensure that construction quality is emphasized and that client expectations are met or exceeded
- 10+ years of experience as a Construction Superintendent on large commercial / industrial projects
- Experience working on commercial/industrial projects is required
- Telecom experience is a plus
- Experience working on high valued projects
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing needs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of construction safety processes and ability to enforce the project safety plan
- Experience supervising a project team
- OSHA 30 hour certified
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.