P&D is seeking an electrical engineer to join our substation engineering team in our Nashville office and serve our cooperative, municipal, and investor-owned electric utility clients. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and team-oriented, willing to continuously develop technical knowledge in all subject matter relevant to the design, construction, testing, and commissioning of electrical substations.
- Maintain current and working knowledge of applicable codes and standards (i.e. RUS, NESC, FEMA, ASCE, SEI, IEEE)
- Develop proficiency with the applications and tools necessary to complete projects requested by clients
- Physical and controls design for electrical substations, both new construction and upgrades/retrofits
- Prepare and review substation documents and drawings (i.e. specifications, design criteria, construction documents, and as-builts)
- Conduct final construction inspections, verify compliance with specifications
- Perform testing and commissioning of electrical substations
- Estimate job costs
- Prepare relay settings for substation relays
- Perform coordination studies for new substation devices
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and project stakeholders
- Attend statewide meetings and national conferences
- Stay informed of client, industry, and company news and developments
- Learn and remain aware of the services and skills offered by all departments within the company
- Align company capabilities with the needs of existing and potential clients; find opportunities to offer additional relevant services
Desired Skills and Qualifications
We look for team players who are eager to learn, grow and excel. You should be accountable, self-directed, professional, and open to the possibilities that exist for you at P&D. Our firm was built by cultivating long-term relationships based on exemplary service and integrity. Candidates should be like-minded in that regard, willing to go the extra mile to exceed customer expectations. Candidates should have:
- 0-5 years of experience
- An electrical engineering degree from an accredited university (required); power emphasis a plus
- Experience with CYME TCCC a plus
- Experience with Schweitzer Engineering Labs microprocessor relays a plus
- Insured vehicle and be legally eligible to drive
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Office (required), and Office 365 and SharePoint (preferred)
- Service-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, excellent grammar
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
This position may require occasional travel. May be asked to work extended hours in order to meet project deadlines. Candidates must pass a background check prior to employment.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to learn, grow and contribute to a vibrant culture that stands the test of time.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.