P&D is seeking a CAD operator to assist the substation engineering team in our Norcross office. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and team-oriented, proficient with AutoCAD, and willing to develop proficiency with specialty applications such as Microstation. Reporting to the substation department manager, the CAD operator creates substation design and engineering drawings and documents for electric utility clients.
We look for team players who are eager to learn, grow and excel. You should be accountable, self-directed, professional, and open to the possibilities that exist for you at P&D. Our firm was built by cultivating long-term relationships based on exemplary service and integrity. Candidates should be like-minded in that regard, willing to go the extra mile to exceed customer expectations.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 0-5 years of experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD required
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Office (Office 365 and SharePoint preferred)
- Familiarity with Microstation is a plus
- Service-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, excellent grammar
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Two-year degree from an accredited university is preferred
This position may require occasional travel (approximately 10% of the time). CAD operators may be asked to work extended hours occasionally in order to meet project deadlines. Candidates must pass a background check prior to employment
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to learn, grow and contribute to a vibrant culture that stands the test of time.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.