We are seeking a capable, experienced, and service-oriented “Marketing and Communications Specialist” to join our team at our corporate office in Norcross, GA (local candidates only please – no relocation package is available).
P&D is a 70-year-old electrical and civil engineering firm; HP&D is our wholly-owned testing and commissioning subsidiary. Each was built and has consistently grown almost entirely on repeat and referral business. Our engineers and technical staff nurture lasting client relationships by providing consistent technical expertise, unparalleled hands-on project experience, and exemplary client service.
Traditional lead generation and direct/inbound marketing tactics are not the focus of the marketing team in this “seller-doer” professional services environment. Are you are a passionate storyteller who can employ a variety of styles to turn dry, technical subject matter into interesting, informative, and compelling content? Are you a “jack-of-all-trades” multi-tasker who is fueled by challenge and wants to be a partner to the Marketing Manager in building an effective program tailored to this unique engineering firm? If so, P&D may be the place for you.
The specialist will work closely with and report to the Marketing Manager to help plan and implement effective marketing and communications initiatives for both P&D and HP&D. Responsibilities may include:
- Coordination and development of proposals and statements of qualifications for various business units
- Interviewing and collaborating with key staff to write and maintain project resumes and employee profiles
- Assisting with marketing content/collateral development, planning, scheduling, and coordination of SMEs
- Researching, interviewing and helping to write/edit project profiles, case studies, technical articles, blog posts, etc.
- Routinely updating and monitoring social media assets; researching and recommending best practices
- Assisting with website/blog updates (WordPress)
- Assisting with development and implementation of publication standards on all company documentation
- Coordination of promotional products vendors and custom web store
- Tracking, planning, and coordinating company participation in industry conferences and meetings, as well as company-hosted employee and client seminars/events
- Conducting competitor, client, and market research
- Coordinating timely response to inbound web leads from various staff members
- Maintaining client, contact, and opportunity data in company ERP system (Deltek Vision)
- Working with IT team to assist with the development and implementation of Office 365 and SharePoint (new initiative)
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant hands-on experience as a marketing coordinator or marketing specialist in small to mid-sized companies (engineering or professional services preferred)
- Excellent research, copywriting, and editing skills are required; journalism background is a plus (writing samples are requested)
- Results-oriented creative thinker and efficient tactician
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (required)
- Experience maintaining social media assets (desired)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, and/or WordPress (desired)
- Experience with database maintenance, reporting, analytics (bonus points)
- An independent worker and a team player, able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- Effective problem-solving and strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
We look for team players who are eager to learn, grow and excel. You should be accountable, self-directed, professional, and open to the possibilities that exist for you at P&D. Our firm was built by cultivating long-term relationships based on exemplary service and integrity. Candidates should be like-minded in that regard, willing to go the extra mile to exceed customer expectations.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package promoting a healthy work-life balance, and the opportunity to learn, grow and contribute to a vibrant culture that stands the test of time.
To apply, please forward resume, cover letter, and samples of your writing to email@example.com.