P&D is seeking an experienced Land Surveying Party Chief to join our Land Surveying department working in the southeastern US. Candidates must be responsible, self-motivated, detail-oriented individuals with demonstrated ability to supervise a crew and work as a member of a team. The party chief is a key member of a survey crew who works alongside and occasionally serves as a mentor to less experienced field personnel. Responsibilities include leading and coordinating boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of-way acquisition, transmission line, transportation, and construction surveys using the latest equipment and surveying technology.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Seven years (minimum) of relevant experience as a survey party chief
- Boundary surveying and topographic surveying experience is required
- Knowledge of the basic principles, techniques, and practices of land surveying
- Experience with robotic total stations and GPS equipment is required is required
- Familiarity with Topcon, Leica or Trimble equipment, and Carlson SurvCE (preferred)
- AutoCAD or Carlson Survey experience (preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively with project managers, field staff, and clients
- Ability to assist with clearing lines using a machete or brush axe
- Ability to operate motorized equipment such as an ATVProactive and intuitive problem-solving skills
- Proactive and intuitive problem-solving skills Knowledge of first aid/CPR
- Knowledge of first aid/CPR
Our firm was built by cultivating long-term relationships based on exemplary service and integrity. Candidates should be like-minded in that regard, willing to go the extra mile to exceed customer expectations. Opportunities for advancement are available for motivated employees demonstrating the willingness and commitment to grow while further developing soft skills and technical proficiency.
Party chief may be asked to work extended hours occasionally in order to meet project deadlines. Candidates must pass a background check and drug test prior to employment
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to learn, grow and contribute to a vibrant culture that stands the test of time.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.